Federal Government Security Clearance: Level Secret
Duration: Full Time and Contract
We are currently looking for Senior Systems Engineers to support our clients, primarily within the Canadian Federal Government.
Responsibilities may include:
- Developing new systems or upgrade plans to increase clients’ IT efficiency.
- Reviewing existing systems and suggesting improvements.
- Reviewing the security requirements.
- Applying technology solutions to strengthen systems.
- Receiving and relaying information to and from stakeholders.
- Managing and monitoring infrastructure components.
- Addressing system concerns and troubleshooting failures.
- Developing technical documentation.
- Providing mentoring to other technical staff within our organization or clients’ sites.
Qualifications / Education
- Minimum of a three-years’ IT-related college diploma, a university degree, or 10 years’ relevant job experience
- Five years experience with data center virtualization technologies including networks and security
Skills / Experience
- Technical and Professional Knowledge
- Prepare assessments of technical design and detailing technical requirements
- Develop strategies and infrastructure recommendations to meet business and technical requirements
- Private and hybrid cloud technologies
- Implement enterprise VMware and Nutanix architecture
- Upgrade and migrate enterprise platforms and operating systems
- Human Relationship Skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse environment
- Customer development and relationship skills
- Ability to work proactively both independently and in a team environment
- Administrative Skills
- Time management skills to effectively prioritize tasks
- Strong oral and communication skills
- Ability to write using technical terminology
- Ability to obtain and maintain appropriate technical certifications with technology partners such as VMware, Nutanix, Cisco, and Tenable