Today’s threat landscape has never been more volatile or dangerous. Given what’s at stake, it can be difficult for IT buyers to know which provider to turn to keep critical corporate data secure, their users’ endpoints and servers up and running, and compliance officers happy.
That’s where Gartner’s Magic Quadrant reports can help out – providing cyber security executives with info they can use to see some vendors with offerings in any given field. At Trend Micro, we’re delighted to have been recognized once again as a Leader in Endpoint Protection Platforms – and to have been positioned the furthest for completeness of vision in the leaders’ quadrant.
The Trend Micro Difference
The difficulty facing IT buyers is finding the time to do their due diligence on the many vendors crowding the endpoint security market out there. That’s why we’re thrilled to have been named a Leader in Endpoint Protection Platforms since 2002[i] by one of the most respected independent authorities on the market: Gartner.
Trend Micro offers a broad range of next-gen protection from the latest breaking threats as well as proven attack protections across every endpoint, server, and application in physical, virtual and cloud environments. Our industry leading Smart Protection Network and threat research team, mines data around the clock and across the globe – analyzing and blocking 250m+ threats a day to ensure that you are always protected. One of the reasons we believe Trend Micro is a Magic Quadrant leader in endpoint protection is because we leverage this unprecedented level of threat information in our advanced technology like:
- Behavior monitoring including ransomware protection: an advanced layer of protection against new, unknown, and emerging threats
- Application control: prevents unwanted/unknown apps executing on endpoints
- Vulnerability detection and shielding: protects endpoints even before there’s a patch available (and in cases where there will not be a patch, including end of support platforms like Windows XP, 2000, & 2003)
- System security: Uses integrity monitoring and log inspection to ensure unauthorized or out-of-policy changes are detected and reported—across files, ports, registries, and more.
- Automated virtual & cloud workload protection: including comprehensive security controls for AWS, Azure, and VMware.
- Malware sandboxing: protects against zero day malware
- Data protection: data loss prevention protects your intellectual property and encryption can reduce risk in the event of accidental loss or theft
- Endpoint Detection & Response: context-aware endpoint security monitor that records and reports detailed system-level activities to allow threat analysts to rapidly assess the nature and extent of an attack.
IT teams have never before been faced with such an agile and determined online foe. To deal with everything the bad guys can throw at your organization, you need a multi-layered endpoint protection platform that delivers a full lifecycle of threat defense.
That’s exactly what Trend Micro’s Connected Threat Defense does – ensuring that all of our proven and next gen functionality work together in real-time to prevent, detect, respond and provide central visibility and control across your environment. Connected Threat Defense gives you a complete view of your users, devices, servers and network security – making it easier to investigate threats and administer day-to-day management.
Click here to find out more about why Gartner voted Trend Micro an endpoint security leader once again.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
[i] Trend Micro positioned in Leaders Quadrant under the names Magic Quadrant for Endpoint Protection and Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Antivirus
Source: Trend Micro