- This event has passed.
Preparing for Hybrid Cloud with vSphere 6.5, vSAN and NSX
February 7, 2018 @ 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM
VMware recently announced product updates to support its Cross-Cloud Architecture, enabling organizations to securely manage public, private, and hybrid cloud deployments. Most excitingly, with these announcements VMware introduced vSphere 6.5 and updates to vSAN and NSX—all essential stepping stones to achieving a successful hybrid cloud.
In this in-depth Lunch & Learn event, participants will learn how:
- To bring together security and operational efficiency that are both universal and scalable
- To leverage VMware PowerCLI for Cross vCenter vMotion and for vSAN management
- To automate with VMware PowerCLI, VMware vRealize Automation, and the vSphere API
- To more efficiently manage resources using Predictive DRS
- To support new application types, including containers with a universal application platform that can support traditional and modern applications and run them from any location
- vSAN enables two-node direct connect to eliminate the need for 10GigE switches between hosts in remote or branch office locations—potentially reducing infrastructure costs by 15 to 20% per site
- To enhance storage security with vSAN Data at Rest Encryption at the lowest levels while retaining the benefits of deduplication and compression
- To provide enhanced protection in vSAN stretched clusters, specifying a protection level per site as well as across sites by configuring the primary level of failures to tolerate (PFTT), and the secondary level of failures to tolerate (SFTT), and specifying site affinity for specific VMs
- To use NSX to enable simplified networking across multiple sites, private datacenters, and public clouds